Thursday, October 29, 2009

KISS ALIVE 35 last night

I took my 12 year old son Luke to the Kiss concert last night. It was a GREAT show. I was really impressed - I've seen KISS 5 times in the past, and this was perhaps the best show I've seen. Here's the tours I've seen:


Animalize
01/19/85 Nashville Municipal Auditorium - Nashville, TN

Asylum
11/30/85 Nashville Municipal Auditorium - Nashville, TN

Crazy Nights
09/02/88 Nashville Municipal Auditorium - Nashville, TN
Alive Worldwide
April 6, 1997 Nashville Arena - Nashville, TN

Kiss Alive 35
October 28, 2009 Sommet Center - Nashville TN


The band was really tight and the new guys, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer are terrific musicians. Tommy is, IMO, a better guitarist than Ace, and Eric destroys Peter Criss on drums.
The set was really impressive with two large screens on either side of the massive stage and a GIANT screen behind the band - in addition there were a series of Amps stacked backstage with screens on the front of them too. They did all the KISS stage antics - spitting blood, breathing fire, flying into the rafters, zip line to a small stage out in the audience, drum solo, guitar solo, explosions, fire, confetti - Kiss definitely knows how to put on a show!

Great setlist - They played a bunch of songs I expected, and a few I didn't, like Parasite. Crowd was across the board, age-wise, from kids younger than my son to folks much older than me. Lots of faces painted in Kiss makeup.



Opening act was Buckcherry - they were okay. Not the worst I've seen but far from the best either. Best part of the evening, though, was seeing my son rock out and have a great time. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment