Saturday, March 28, 2009

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at Belcourt

My son Luke and I went to the midnight showing of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles last night at the Belcourt theater in Nashville and the place was PACKED! I was stunned - I really didn't think there would be that many people in attendance. Ran into my cohort Cameron McCasland there, which was cool - it turned out to be a really fun evening.

They had an original arcade version TMNT video game in the lobby, served pizza and ooze drinks (which I'm not sure exactly what that consisted of, but I think it was alcoholic) and before the show started they held a pizza eating contest between 4 contestants chosen from the audience who each wore a different colored mask, one for each turtle. They all chowed down on a slice of pizza and Michaelangelo ate his the quickest, winning a pass to a couple of future movies.

Before the feature film they showed a TMNT cartoon from the 80s. Then the main ovie came on, and the crowd hooted and hollered throughout, really enjoying it. Was another fun time at the Belcourt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment